Monday, July 30, 2012

First day of school

I'm doing a LIFO (Last in First Out) method of blogging here!  So here's today, and working my way back :).  Today was Allie and Collin's first day of school.  Allie is in 7th grade (Yikes, I know!) and Collin is in 3rd.  Collin said the night before..."why am I excited to go but not really excited to go?"  Exactly my feelings.  I was ready for them to go back to school (need a routine!!) but I will miss having them all day at home. They are thankfully so independent - they both got up early, got ready, and even packed their lunches all by themselves by 730 this morning.
Lucky for me this year, both of them still wanted me to walk them to their classrooms.  I got as far as the class line ups, since that was the drop off for all the kids.  It was neat to see many many parents doing the same thing I was doing - cameras out and sunglasses on (to hide tears, just in case) even though it was a little cloudy out this morning.  I enjoyed a few minutes of absolute quiet when I got back home...then Zane woke up and slathered a full jar of gel in his hair.  Maddie's been an angel and pretty much is busy with her own stuff.  While Zane is napping, here I am getting caught up with my blog.  I can't wait to hear about their day when they get back!

Before we left home
Allie and her homeroom teacher
Collin and his teacher

No comments: