Conference weekend this year seemed like it just went so fast! And just like all "holidays" around here, I guess my kids have some expectations of what usually happens on this weekend. The biggest deal I found was breakfast. It's rare that I make everyone big breakfasts, and I was hoping no one would notice, but the day before I heard them talking about what breakfast was going to be and wondering what I would make. No cereal or just pancakes or toast I see. I was of course super busy the day before (a photo shoot in the p.m. for one thing) so I made a quick late night trip to Walmart to get everything we needed. Maddie was super excited that she took it upon herself to make fruit kabobs all by herself without me asking, and she did a pretty good job of making one for every member of the family. She sure has some homemaking skills!
Sunday morning they were all starving so by the time I decided to take pictures of a plated breakfast, all of them had started eating! We had sausage gravy over biscuits, with strawberries on the side. Yum.
I also ordered a Someburros platter for us to munch on during lunch and whenever we felt like eating, and it was a hit and no mess for me to clean up. It was nice to have that to eat the whole day Saturday - definitely doing it again in October, since it really saved me some sanity and kitchen clean up, which made for a nice break for me. I also printed the usual activity books for the kids, and decided to just have a 12 pack of mini treats (Kit Kats and Hershey Bars and Chocolate eggs) for each conference session. I gave out one mini treat at the half way point, and then again right before it was over. As long as they stayed in the room they got one - it was effective and they loved it! We definitely enjoyed a physical AND spiritual feast this weekend!

No comments:
Post a Comment