The kids and I picked the Classics to read beginning this week. Allie chose Wind in the Willows and for Collin I picked out the Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. Because Collin is only 4, I found the series called "Classic Starts", which introduces the classics to young readers without the super-huge words. The book is still full of big vocabulary words, but they are written so it is easier to read. The pages are also good quality, the kind you want to read again and again. Allie picked out the "Charming Classics" series, written especially for ages 8-12, and most books include a little necklace with a theme pendant (in this case, a little golden toad) . Good enough to get Allie's attention! Up next on our list are Tom Sawyer and Anne of Green Gables.
Sunday, July 20, 2008
Reading the Classics
Posted by
the Harris Family
at
7:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I always love what you do with your kids! You mean you aren't reading Junie B? (just kidding) You do such a fabulous job with your kids!
Those books sound really great! How cool. :)
Post a Comment