Monday, April 20, 2009

Mothers Who Know Are Leaders

I took a week's break since the last week and a half, I've been busy with Easter activities, parents in town, canning, learning how to make bread, reading "Parenting Breakthrough" by Merrilee Boyack, etc., etc. -- which I will blog about later (I have been researching how to do kids' allowance without tying it to chores. A friend of mine recommended this book, and I highly recommend it!).

This week, I will be focusing on the following paragraph:

Mothers Who Know Are Leaders

Mothers who know are leaders. In equal partnership with their husbands, they lead a great and eternal organization. These mothers plan for the future of their organization. They plan for missions, temple marriages, and education. They plan for prayer, scripture study, and family home evening. Mothers who know build children into future leaders and are the primary examples of what leaders look like. They do not abandon their plan by succumbing to social pressure and worldly models of parenting. These wise mothers who know are selective about their own activities and involvement to conserve their limited strength in order to maximize their influence where it matters most.

Meaty paragraph! What a challenge to be a PRIMARY example of what leaders look like! So what should leaders look like? Food for thought. I do love the last sentence - I have learned to be selective about activities and involvement, but don't think I have the "limited strength" part down yet since I tend to take on a lot at a time. I will remind myself that the purpose in being selective about activities/involvement is so that I don't spread myself too thin. I should maximize my influence at home, with my family/kids.

BTW, Collin just came in here to tell me I should be getting to bed so I don't get sleepy at preschool tomorrow and showed me his finished Mr. Mack art work (looks like a robot). That's my cute boy.

No comments: