Wednesday, July 1, 2009

and the awards go to...

At FHE on Monday night, Kevin and I gave out our first family awards. We made up new awards since no one qualified for the "Neat As a Pin" award - their rooms looked like something blew up in it most of last week; they both also said no one was a self-starter since they both had to be told what to do; and no one claimed the Leader for the Right award.

Kevin gave the "good swimmer" award to Collin for getting over his fear of swimming/water at swimming class. Allie got the "helping hand" award for pitching in when needed and for being good at washing the dishes. They were so excited to tape the awards on their bedroom door.


This morning, I noticed that Allie had added another sign to her door. She promptly announced that she was NOT doing any damage to the door because the wikkistix pull right off (she's gotten herself in trouble for using HEAVY DUTY GLUE on the walls and doors before). Pretty soon Collin came up and noticed that the door said "no collin". He got mad and started pulling the wikkistix* off the door. Allie luckily didn't mind "because she misspelled "allowed". So she fixed that back up and helped Collin come up with his very own sign that said "secret club". I couldn't resist taking a photo.

*These guys got the wikkistix from the local library (summer reading program) yesterday. Who knew a small pack of 24 wikki-stix's could be so much fun? I think I would like some for my preschool - this and this are my favorites!

3 comments:

Kristie said...

Good use of the library treasure. My boys didn't think to do that.

Jen said...

I love your emphasis on the positive! Cute awards.

Suni said...

What a cute idea! I have never heard of wikkistix.