Wednesday, March 10, 2010

3A's: Annie, ALA Carnival, and Allie's Music Concert

I'm behind on blogging again!  Anyway, this past weekend was such a fun and busy one!  I didn't take photos at the carnival or Annie - I can't believe I forgot to slip that chunky camera back in my purse.  So our past weekend started with a fun morning - the kids rushing to finish their chores so we could all go to their school's spring carnival (just like Provo Rock Canyon's Extravaganza!). Kevin started mowing the lawns and wasn't done, so he decided to stay home and finish all the yards, while I and the kids went.  They had big blow-up bounce houses and slides.  Maddie was just so excited to go on them, more than Allie and Collin even.  Maddie went on all 3 houses and slides.

One was the "Blue Crush", a 30-foot bouncy slide that Maddie wanted to try (just like the one above).  She was so excited about going on that (and I, a little nervous) so Allie went with her and was behind her the whole time.  That's when I should have had my camera snapping, or videotaping, because little Miss Maddie climbed the whole way up and then just went on the tall, tall slide all by herself.  She looked like a little doll coming down that slide (she looked too small!), but man, oh man, she was laughing the entire time and wanted to do it again.

The favorite was the long obstacle course with a slide.  Both Collin and Allie went on that 3 times each.   Collin was disappointed there wasn't a hot air balloon ride.  He was really looking forward to that.   After the bounce houses, we split up and Allie went with her friend Helen, and we went to get some yummy (but really laden with fat) chili and cheese fries (they were cooking them in cast iron dutch ovens and pots).  Anyway, the 3 of us ate lunch and spent the rest of our tickets on cookies and soft-serve ice cream.  Allie played the fish game two times hoping to get a real fish (they were prizes) but ended up with a rubber duckie and something else she didn't want instead.  She wasn't too happy about that!

Then it was time to go to Annie.  Collin decided he was going to stay home with Kevin, so we invited our good friends Carrie and Macey to go with us instead.  It was such a fun show!  and we had a couple kids from our ward perform in it too.   Again, too bad I didn't get a photo of us, or the girls!

I did Megan and Chad's photo shoot after that.  So, busy Saturday!!!

And the last of the 3A's: Allie's music concert.  I totally spaced this one out and didn't remember until my friend Alisyn asked me about it.  Yikes.  I have been fighting off allergies (so it doesn't turn into a full on head cold, which somehow always happens) and Kevin really ended up with an allergy turned flu - so needless to say,  I wasn't even thinking about it.  And as you know, Tuesdays are very busy at my house.  We had piano, music class, tennis, then the music concert, starting at 3 p.m. (all in a row!).  Anyway, we made it to the music concert, just Allie and I (Kevin was still sick).

What Maddie likes to do (get candy down - she knows where we keep them ).  Kevin caught her while Allie and I were gone to the concert

It was great! ALA has a new music teacher, Ms Walker, who was just really good with the kids, and was so professional. She had great control over the crowd, and expected concert etiquette so the kids were all behaved and the crowd was too. Anyway, Allie and the 4th graders sang "Yellow Rose of Texas" and "Waltzing Matilda". We left right after their last song (I was feeling a bit under the weather myself), and Allie decided to go to McDonalds (of all the places she could have picked!) for her treat after the concert.
Allie and Alexa

Realized I was taking a photo and so she flashes me a smile!

4 comments:

TheDickersons said...

Maddie likes to climb - what were you nervous about? LOL...

Anonymous said...

I am still wondering how she got up the counter, LOL!

Anonymous said...

Oooops didn't see the chair...that's how she climbed. What a silly smile !

AZ Finters said...

Miss Walker is my friend from my single days. She says she loves working at ALA.
BTW- we believe in lots and lots of cabinet locks and have to even get new kinds once in a while to make sure that Jack cant get into anything. Cant believe you dont have any!