A few weeks ago my computer wouldn't power up and a good friend of ours, Mat, who is good with computers replaced the power supply. So for two weeks I was able to move files to our external hard drive, work on 5mbackflowtesting.com, photo editing, and what-not. Well yesterday evening, the power went out again and after many times of trying to power it back up, it wouldn't do A THING for me, so I am without a computer again, at least until it gets fixed or replaced. This computer is only around 3 years old! But it has all my web development software, photo editing, and everything preschool on it. I'd hate to go thru the trouble of reinstalling everything on a new computer (I'm afraid it might come to that!).
Let me tell you, it can be annoying without a computer, but it is good in a way because I find other use for my time usually spent on the computer - researching, blogging, answering/writing emails, etc. I got really creative last time when it was out for a few days. I liked the break from the computer work, but I can't imagine being without one for an extended period of time. I'll consider this a bit of "digital detox" for me - but watch my photo editing work and blog posts pile up (i.e. the big Fall Break post! - if you're my friend on Facebook, you can view photos of our trip to Cali there).
Sunday, October 24, 2010
Computer is Out!
Posted by
the Harris Family
at
8:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment