March 3rd. I got to go volunteer at our Stake Day Camp in Chandler. It was Western - themed and took 4 boys down with Collin. It was quite the experience listening to the "boy" conversations in the car - super funny and some had to do with bodily functions. It was as if they forgot I was in the car. Girl conversations are quite the opposite, but they, too forget I'm driving, and can therefore, hear every word they're saying. It's great! With great weather I had fun taking pictures of our Wolves and then helped man our ward's booth at the end. Four hours and all good stuff - they even had the Stake Presidency riding horses, both real and not (you should have seen that one!).
Welcome to the Stake Day Camp
Tying
They had this big teepee that was neat inside and out
All the wolves - Rhett W, Nathan F, Wyatt B, Kade S, Collin, Ethan A, and Cameron H
Our ward's booth
Allie called on my way home to tell me she and her friend Alexa were doing a bake sale to raise money for Time to Blossom. She basically made cupcakes and candy, and took all kinds of chips and drinks from our pantry and sold for good money. They made $26 total - in two hours. $13 each towards Time to Blossom. Good times! I love our street because we have tons of kids always outside. They are also constantly knocking on our door to see if the kids could play (I think they are getting used to hearing "gotta practice piano" or "homework's not done, come back in a few"). But then they are back and they go riding their bikes in the neighborhood. This was the setup in front of our house
Customers
And more customers, who loved (I guess) their grape lemonade drink and homemade thin mint cookies











No comments:
Post a Comment