Monday, April 16, 2012

Wicked/Spring Break

While Kevin was on a business trip, my friend Alisyn and I went to watch Wicked.  Her husband happened to also be on a business trip on the same night so instead of selling the tickets she and I went instead.  I think that Wicked is now one of my favorites!

Allie of course, did my hair - she is really good at it!  I don't have patience for my hair and don't ever take the time to do it - it's all backwards I told her since moms usually do their daughter's hair - but I love it!  Sadly I didn't bring my good camera - and the phone camera didn't do a great job in super low light.  That's Alisyn and I after the show.
Then towards the end of Spring Break, we went up to Show Low with the Evans - their parents have a beautiful cabin up there - and invited us to join them for the weekend.  It was so much fun - Kevin of course was excited that we almost got snowed in on Sunday (maybe not the driving part...ha ha...we got out just in time, and while he was driving I repeatedly said "this is why we will never live where it snows", but I know he still likes me!)  We spent three days and two nights up there.  We played games, the kids and Dads took long walks  while Alisyn and I veg'ed and chatted ourselves til we were tired.  We made yummy breakfast casseroles (sausage/egg AND french toast with evil buttermilk syrup), left the kids one night and went to dinner at a nearby Mexican restaurant, which was interrupted by our girls calling and telling us that they thought they saw someone watching them outside.  They were all so freaked out by the time we got home.  Of course it was probably no one since the neighborhood is gated and it was most likely another homeowner taking a walk in the woods by the golf course.  It was a great trip and super relaxing - our favorite way to "camp".
 First stop: the park - Zane loved the swing!

And the family rec center where Allie and I did dance, dance revolution; Kevin - ms. pacman; and air hockey for everyone
 Maddie loves little babies and constantly asks for another little sister and brother - so of course these were no exception - there were six little baby bath toys and she loved them so much she had to have a picture of her two favorite ones.
 S'more Night

Maddie didn't like the way the smoke smelled so she plugged her nose
  Cleaning up after breakfast
 We drove up to the Snowflake Temple and walked around it - it was super windy though so we didn't stay very long. We left and went to Trappers' for lunch, and we hyped the place so much, of course, two or three of our burgers were not cooked all the way (yuck!). Sorry Evans - it usually is pretty good.  Kevin ran into an old friend, Trent Mortenson and his family while we were at Trappers.






Nice outfit Maddie

Another breakfast

The snow was beautiful.

 The kids were so excited they all went out in the snow in their pajamas and light sweaters/jackets.

Maddie walking in the snow
Kevin was in a hurry to leave - the snow was coming down fast and I wanted to take a photo (of course).
Allie took this one of me before I got in the car.  
White out!  It was pretty but slick. It snowed almost all the way home! We were thankful that there were no accidents and that we got home safely.

3 comments:

Andie said...

Allie is looking so grown up by the second! I like your shoes in the first picture.

Jen said...

You look so pretty, Rinna!

Kristie said...

Cute pictures in the snow. And I love the picture of Zane in his green shirt...so stinkin' cute!