Well spring break was a little interesting for us this year - the kids didn't all have spring break at the same time! Allie's break was the second week, then Collin and Maddie's the week after. Kevin decided to take the three older ones on a trip to Disneyland during Allie's break. I stayed home with the two little boys since they are a little bit too young to go on the rides. It was the best idea ever - it was so nice to get a lot of things done while they were gone! I even had time to clean the carpets in two rooms! I kept thinking back to the days of when we had just two kids! Oh how I had forgotten what life was like with two kids, unbound by school schedules! So much easier back then, that's for sure. These days I feel like I am torn in all kinds of different directions but only have one body and two hands! So that was a super nice break for me - and though the little boys are usually my house wreckers - with all my attention on them, my house hardly got dirty (unbelievable!). They actually were dressed and looked like they had a mom ha!
Kevin and the older kids had lots of fun at Disneyland and going on a road trip from there to Pink's, the LA temple and the Newport Beach temple, etc. I definitely missed the chatter and the conversations with my older kids and Kevin!
The next week, Allie went back to school and Collin and Maddie were home. I took them on fun little lunches during the week and then we all went to Prescott (minus Allie who went with the ward Young Women on their annual retreat up in Haigler Creek). We drove up and stayed at a vacation rental called Prescott Pines Inn (Aireen hooked us up!!) - we watched movies late into the night, ate smores to our hearts' content, and just lounged around and enjoyed not having chores to do! We went to the zoo the next day, which was so fun - we discovered Zane liked learning about everything and was scared of spiders, and that Mason was scared of swinging. On our last night there Mason knocked over a photo frame on the wall, but luckily it didn't break into a million pieces and we were able to put it back together undamaged. Whew!! We got back in time for me to go to Ward Council and yummy rib dinner by Kevin's parents!

No comments:
Post a Comment