Our preschool class - Roc, Kade, Collin, Jace, Luke and Keenan. The boys in the white hats are junior preschoolers, and the ones in the black hats are seniors and will be entering Kindergarten this fall.
Tuesday May 19th was my preschool's graduation day. It has been a great year for me and the 6 kids I taught, especially Collin who looked forward to preschool every day. We only did preschool 2 days a week, but he would ask me every day when preschool was going to be, and that he wished we had preschool every day. He helped me get the house ready for preschool on Tuesdays and Thursdays too. He would get himself dressed and ready to go by 8 a.m. - he picked his own outfits, did his own hair and then asked me what he could do to help. He would straighten up the trays in the school and wash the table and glass doors, even replaced our line tape when it was messed up. I will miss my little preschool helper when he goes to Kindergarten this Fall.
I look back at his preschool years with fondness, and loved our school days. Over the course of 3 awesome preschool years, I got to see him learn to count, write, draw, and read. He is ready for the big school! I know I hear myself saying this all the time - time flies and sometimes I want it to slow down a little. I am just grateful for the time I was able to spend teaching him and watching him grow -- the rewards of being a mom.
So for our program, the kids recited the pledge and sang the National Anthem, sang two Laurie Berkner songs (my favorite music for our preschool), identified the 7 continents, and recited 60 phonograms, to my amazement and their parents too. Then I handed out their certificates and then watched a slideshow of our preschool happenings during the last year. They all did great!
I won't have any of my own kids in preschool this fall, but I am excited to have two classes of cute kids who I will get to watch learn and grow too. Then in 2010, Maddie will already be old enough to attend, and so will my two little nephews Parker and Travin, and a friend's little girl who has already put her name on my wait list.


2 comments:
That is so fun and exciting!
What a great class! I love the official caps and certificates! Way to go on such a great preschool, Rinna!
Post a Comment