Monday, September 12, 2011

New hair

Last night we noticed something odd about Maddie's hair.  I looked closer and she had CUT her bangs off and got some of the sides too.  She looks like she has a mullet.  Oh it looks SO bad.  I am not even sure how I can get it to look right.  She got in our school room and took scissors to her pretty hair.  This is the third time she's done it this year, not counting the time she shaved off her eyebrow. Take a look:

Only the day before, on Saturday, the 10th:

The next day, September 11th:
This was taken on Monday, September 12th, just before we did her hair for a princess birthday party. I know, super bad timing!
Here is the side by side look at the before/after the hack job.
She (and all of us) miss that hair already!
On Monday, Isa happened to be in the school room and found the bucket with the hair cuttings.  
Ha!  She even thought about cleaning the hair up.
And this is the best I could do with the hair:
No one at the party noticed that her hair was cut really bad.  I guess it must have been a little dark. Ha!
Silly Maddie.  Always up to something when she is quiet.  Resolution: ALWAYS check when she is quiet for more than 15 minutes.
Photo at preschool on Tuesday, the 13th:
So ironic.  
Why does she have scissors?!  All I can say is that she loves to cut, and will do it over and over at school.  Montessori calls this a "sensitive period".
So, it's all good. Besides, the hair will grow back.  She will be styling pigtails for the next few weeks.

10 comments:

Andie said...

WOOOWWWWW! I can't wait for the pics!

Anonymous said...

oh no, not again!

Anonymous said...

She has shaved her eyebrow! So funny. Good thing she's such a cutie, no matter the hairdo.

Andie said...

Haha holy cow!

Suni said...

That is too funny but I didn't even notice today until you said something!

AZ Finters said...

I have to laugh! I'm so glad that I've never dealt with that.

Anonymous said...

what can else can you do when she has that sweet, silly smile? that was a lot of hair. she has more than a month to grow her hair till the wedding, lol!

Danny and Aireen said...

OH MY GOSH! hahaha! This is too funny.

Basarabas said...

Good thing she's so cute! You did a great job at hiding it though!

Kristie said...

Oh no! That is quite the before and after. You hid it pretty well with the pig tail do. :)