Life in August according to my phone.
Maddie's bath head
Wii Party with cousins
Then I must be nesting, because I decided to tackle Allie's room redo, due for a while now! My mom was in town for a week so I seized the opportunity to redo her room. Now she has a teen room, which she keeps clean most the time. We have a three strikes you're out in the hallway policy. So far it's keeping her neat and tidy. She really doesn't want to have to sleep in the hallway!
Painted the walls gray with two accent walls in yellow and white
An almost done room
Details
Fabric for her pillows from Caitlin Wilson Textiles. Which I have yet to do. Maybe tomorrow.
8/18 Some punks vandalized our two of our windows and front door.
8/20 Maddie started ballet and tap dance. She was so happy to see Isa there - and her friend Lucia too. Mostly super excited to get to sit with Isa, her favorite.
First Day of Preschool
Then preschool started for this little one. So sad it is her last year in preschool!
She is really taking off with Math and Reading:
She was so excited to finish the iPhone version of the hundred board.
She can now also read Dick and Jane!
Mornings and/or night scripture study with the two older ones reading out loud, sometimes Maddie takes a turn:
Allie thought fighting like dragons was interesting
After Kevin mentioned how we might visualize how Moroni fortified the Nephite cities, this is what Collin came up with - heaps of dirt, timbers, pickets on top, and a tower for looking out
Allie obviously needs to have more activities to do - she painted this Barbie with nail polish one night. Next week she starts cheer and piano.
Maddie prepping our flower beds for planting. Her idea.
Maddie loves to take photos with my phone. This is just one of them.
And life wouldn't be the same without chores, unfortunately, according to Allie and Collin. Allie has kitchen duty MWF, Collin has it TThS.
And this is Maddie on a library trip + custard treat with me on Saturday.
Baby Bump!
And last but not least for those that didn't "get" our announcement last time - here is a more obvious one - we are expecting Zane's partner in crime and 5th child in December. I know, crazy month already with 2 birthdays, an anniversary, and Christmas! I am now 25 weeks along and past the "sick" months. So far so good, and I am in a serious organizing and nesting phase. Which I am grateful for. I have three more rooms to redo in my house, 4 or 5 if I can muster up the time between Primary, preschool, and normal day to day stuff!



2 comments:
Wow! Congratulations, Rinna! You always look so pretty - even when you're pregnant! That's amazing to me. I love the accents in Allie's room. I love Collin's picture :) You guys are busy with lots of awesome things!
Lots of fun stuff going on! I will have to let my boys know, when they complain about having dish night one night a week, that they could have it 3. Maybe they won't think it's so bad anymore. :)
Post a Comment