Sunday, September 30, 2012

Old Post: One September Weekend

09/2012

My heart is full of gratitude for my family and life in general.  Sure it is busy, but as Sunday came to a close, I thought, someday I would like to remember how a weekend around here typically goes.  It's our normal, and though chaotic at times (most the time) I want to freeze it in time.

Rewind to the first of the week:

Monday - school, dance for Maddie, piano for Allie and Collin, FHE
some funny tidbits:  somehow we were talking about our new baby, and Kevin referred to the time he is born as "when he comes out of the belly of the beast".  ha.  which I didn't hear, until the kids started laughing so hard.  It was too funny I wish I had captured it on camera.

Tuesday - school, preschool, gymnastics/cheer for Allie and Maddie, presidency meetings for Kevin and me, so this day is not over til almost 10 at night.

Wednesday - same old school, preschool, cubs scouts for Collin, mutual for Maddie, presidency visits and what not for me

Thursday - school, preschool, soccer practice for Collin, whew we are done at a decent hour.

Friday - the day I look forward to - dinner date with Kevin, and usually just a quiet night at home after a day of school, teaching preschool, etc.

Saturday rolls around - and this past weekend,  Kevin took the oldest three to tour the new Gilbert Fire Station.  The kids had fun!  They came home in time for them to go to Collin's first soccer game of the season.  It was Zane's nap time so Allie babysat while they were gone, and while I went to our Stake baptisms.  It was our ward's turn to host, and I got to give the baptism talk.  It is always so nice to get to attend those.

No comments: