Thursday, October 4, 2012

Fall Break Part 3

Thursday - we went to California Adventure.  Our first order of business was to get on the Cars Ride - of course it was super crowded even though we had gotten there before it opened.  Since Zane and I couldn't ride the cars, I stood in line for fast passes - and then the rest of the crew went.  They were lucky enough to go on the Cars ride two times that day.

Maddie got on most the rides that she was tall enough for - got mad that she was 1 inch too short for the Grizzly River Run.  Zane and I went and spent time in Bugs Land.  Zane by now was not still used to being on the rides, so he acted scared even on the train type rides.  As long as he was with Kevin he was fine though - which was great since Kevin didnt mind at all that he wanted carried everywhere when he wasnt in the stroller.

Lunch was a little interesting.  I decided to try out the Chinese place (never do it!) - and got ripped off - the food was gross and needless to say, 4 bites cost me $20.  No bueno.  Oh well,  I guess this is why we stick to the old standby's whenever we go to eat somewhere else other than home.  Aside from that we all had fun!  My favorite ride was Mater's Junkyard.  The girls were laughing the whole time, not from the ride - they got a kick out of me acting not my age. ha.

Here are day's highlights in pictures:




Funny genie at the alladin show.

 Maddie loved the Little Mermaid ride.

 Loved Phineas and Ferb!

Before the great soak... at the Grizzly River Run which I wished I could have gone on!
Waited for them to come through...

Here is everyone soaking wet.




Toy story Mania was a 45-minute wait even on RideMax. 
But one of our favorites so it was worth the wait.


 And while the rest of the family were on the Cars ride, Zane and I walked around Cars Land.  We loved it:



After what seemed forever I spotted the family:

Maddie wanted cotton candy all the whole day, so she was happy at the end of the day when her Dad got her some.  Another favorite of hers on the trip: chicken fingers.  She kept referring to them as California chicken nuggets.  I think she was hungry at every meal that they tasted SOOO good.  To end the night we went back over to see what else was interesting.



Had to get Maddie some Mater Teeth that she just loved to death.  
Loved that Tow-Mater!  Super fun day!  We ended with a trip to the shops:
 Another highlight of the day was the Tower of Terror.  Maddie got on the ride too - since she had gone on every other crazy ride at Disneyland the day prior.  She came out okay, but told me she would NEVER ever get back on it again, though she thought some parts of it was funny.  My girls are like their Dad - glad he has them to take on these kind of rides because I wouldn't.  I'm too chicken and get worse every passing year!


Allie's instagram post that day
It was a super fun day!  Thank you Grandma and Pop for the wonderful D-Land tickets for Christmas last year! 

No comments: