Today Kevin turns 35! We invited all the Harris' and Merrills over for dinner yesterday to celebrate. Kevin and Collin were in UT this Saturday to watch the BYU-Colorado State game and came home in time to go to the last 2 hours of church and then dinner. They were originally not coming home until 10 p.m. but was able to get on an earlier flight.
Here are the top 10 things about Kevin that I love:
10. Clean - He always smells fresh!, clean and neat. and isn't messy. The only pile he leaves on the floor are socks and jeans. But always in the same spot. I just move them. Seems such a little thing. But I like things uncluttered, and he makes it easy for me to do that.
9. The most loyal person I know - In the almost 12 years we've been married, he hasn't said anything bad about anyone. He keeps confidences. You can be assured that if you tell him something, it stays with him.
8. Patient - It takes a long time to get him to ever be mad, and doesn't ever raise his voice to prove a point. He's patient with me and my weaknesses, which I really appreciate.
7. Good listener - he listens when I talk. And bears with me when our "discussions" take too long. I think I need to work on making them a little shorter.
6. Content - I so love this about Kevin. I can be critical of things and people, and he is the complete opposite. I wish I could be more like him in this department. He doesn't complain about anything, or anyone, including me.
5. Helps me at home- He does the laundry! and folds them too. Every week. It is a huge help because I don't enjoy folding laundry as much as putting them in the wash. He does the dishes without me asking. He washes my car for me (never had to do it in all my life). He does some grocery shopping too (no coupons though!), but he doesn't mind running to Walmart.
4. Hard worker and leaves work at work. He likes to work, and is good at it. He provides well for our family, and I know he will always take care of us. He doesn't complain about work, or discuss negative work issues at home. He leaves work stress at work.
3. Humble. One of the most humble people I know. Never boasts and always modest about everything. When asked what he does for work, he says I work for a construction company. Never says he's corporate counsel. Doesn't also feel a need to outdo anyone, or have the latest or most expensive anything. He's humble as can be.

2. Loves the kids and me- he plays with them, changes diapers and loves them to pieces. He is a good father to them, and I'm glad he married me. The kids love to give him handwritten notes. Because he leaves us those in the mornings, just because, sometimes. I look forward to many more years together!
Allie made this fun pencil holder for Kevin - it says "#1 Dad, #2 pencils".and last but not least...
1. Faithful and true - He exceeds mine when it comes to this. He is a straight arrow and I can count on him being true and faithful, because he honors the Priesthood. I love when he bears his testimony to us and gives blessings. He will take us to church even on vacation and goes to the temple often (with me or by himself). He has deep reverence for the these things, and I have ALWAYS loved this about him.
Happy Birthday Kev! Hope I didn't embarrass too much. I can see his face is all flushed.


2 comments:
Happy Birthday Kevin! Glad we got to celebrate with you!
What a great post. Kevin is a great guy. I'm glad you guys found eachother.
Post a Comment