Friday, September 17, 2010

First Dance Class

Milestone for Miss Maddie here!  This morning was her first day of dance class.  She's been excited about it all week, and today finally came.  At breakfast she asked if I was going to drop her off.  I said yes, and to that she said, "Oh I'm not going to cry."  Funny!  After her bath, she asked if she could have some makeup and lip gloss.   It was so cute the way she asked so I gave her a little bit of sparkly eye makeup and she insisted to put on lip gloss "all by herself".   When we got to dance class, she didn't hesitate at all - just went and did all the warm-ups with the other little girls.  I of course stayed for a few minutes and took some photos.  I wish I could have stayed and watched the whole time.  The class has 6 two-and-a-half to three year olds.  That was precious to watch.

As I drove home, I couldn't help but think about how different this experience was for me, compared to when Allie started going to dance classes!  I couldn't wait for Allie to go to dance, she seemed so mature at the age of 4 or maybe it was just because she's my first child and I wanted her to do everything early! Maddie, on the other hand, is still such a baby compared to Allie even at this age, that though I was excited for her to go, a little part of this experience tugged at me and I just couldn't believe that she is old enough for this already.  I am not sure I want her to grow up quite yet. I love being home with her when the older ones are at school -- she is so cute and so sweet.  She talks up quite a storm, wants me to play her favorite Primary songs on the piano while she sings along,  and still is my little snuggle bug.

2 comments:

Suni said...

She is too cute! I just love her in nursery. I know its hard to let them grow up!!

TheDickersons said...

I love your dance shoes, Maddie.