
Ever since I told little Miss that she gets to go to dance class, she's been asking to "pick her up" or "drop her off" at dance. Wednesday I took her shopping for her dance shoes and leotards. She was super excited about that. She couldn't stop talking the whole time - she was too excited (yeah, like giddy excited) to try on the tap shoes and ballet shoes at the shoe store, and wanted to carry the bag out of the store. Then we went to Target to find some leotards. Of course the only size 3's left were pink. And flowy. And had sparkly things on them. And hanging at her eye level. She first picked out the pink one with flowers and handed it to me. Then a few seconds later she did a double take, and admired the one still hanging there - the one with the sparkly butterfly on it. She handed it to me and said, "I like this one with the butterfly better". Then we were off.
Of course we couldn't help but go over to the clothes. She picked out a green shirt and matching skirt all on her own, saying "oooh, I like this one, this one's pretty", "it fits mom", and "allie likes this one". Then randomly she handed me a size 2T gray pair of pants that matched one of the shirts she picked out. I said, "oh, you like these pants too? And look you got the right size!" I was totally going to buy it -they were cute! But she said, "no, I don't like those. They're too big. I got them for you." I just had to laugh. And hung it back on the rack - because when it comes to clothes, if she's decided she doesn't want it, she won't ever wear it. She's stubborn like that.
When we got home, the first thing she did was try on her shoes. She wore them all night. Same thing happened yesterday. She asked again if I could "pick her up" at dance class. I told her dance was still 7 days away. After eating breakfast this morning, she got dressed in her leotards and ballet shoes. She asked for some lip gloss (yeah I know, she's ultra funny), and asked if I could put a pretty clip in her hair. After that she wanted to look in a mirror to see what she looked like (like this: "I gonna look in a mirror, mama"). At this point I couldn't resist asking her if I could take a picture. She said ok. But the shoot was on her terms of course. She wanted to sit on the pink chair in our school room, and after the third click, she said "OK I'm done!"

Can you feel her giddy-ness and excitement?

3 comments:
She's so stinkin cute!!!
Pinkalicious!!! Pikat!
That girl is just too cute!
Post a Comment