It is finally here. Baby #4 will be in our arms tomorrow, hopefully by lunch time. It is such a relief to finally know that he is actually going to be here. I am going to the hospital to be induced before 8 a.m. My first thought is that it will be nice to be able to wear regular clothes again - I have been wearing/rotating 3 bottoms for the last 2 weeks because none of my other ones fit or are too uncomfortable to wear. That's what I get for not buying any maternity clothes. I was so tempted last week to buy a new pair of maternity jeans!
Today I spent the time hanging out with the kids, delivering the last of the neighbor presents, buying last minute baby things (I had forgotten I actually need a new breast pump, a monitor, and a bath tub!) -- I also spent some time organizing presents so that when I get home in 2 days Kevin will know where to find the stash (you know I put them in random places and remarkably I remembered where they were all today!). Then nostalgia struck as I finished the last of my to-do's.
I patted a crying Maddie's head and felt a little sad she wasn't going to be with me for two days. The little sweetie has been my little couch buddy the last couple of weeks - and she is so sweet to ask me if I would be sleeping downstairs every night. And since the only place comfortable is my couch (too hard to get up from my bed!) my answer is always yes. I talked to her today over and over about me being gone for two days and that I was going to be at the hospital to have her baby brother. I don't think she gets it yet though. Hopefully she will do fine.
Then there was the thought of "wow this is my last night of being pregnant" and it made me a little sad, surprisingly. I had to snap out of that thought and tried to remind myself that the last two weeks have been tiresome and not so fun. But the feeling persisted. I realized I never stopped to think about being pregnant because this pregnancy had been by far the easiest the first 8 months. I was so buried in lots of other things that I just never slowed down to soak in the whole pregnancy experience. I got a lot accomplished even with a growing belly - and for the first time, I didn't get a migraine after I was 12 weeks along. I won't miss being fat and uncomfortable, but I will miss carrying a baby. There is just a special feeling that is around when a baby is about to come! I am so glad to finally be able to snuggle a newborn tomorrow.
So for the rest of tonight we are going to watch a Christmas movie and just have some lazy time. I am hoping everything will go smoothly and be home just in time for Christmas! Pray and wish me luck!

3 comments:
Best of luck to you, Rinna! I'm so happy for you!
Good luck, Rinna. We are anxious to meet Baby Boy Harris.
Cant wait to see the baby. Good luck and have a wonderful Christmas with a slightly larger family.
Post a Comment