December 18th
Being at the tail end of my pregnancy did not help with our usual Christmas traditions this year -- sure we got our elf Timmy Doodle out and the kids had fun finding him in random places every morning, and we also did our 24 Days of Christ-centered Christmas Advent devotionals but when it came time to do gingerbread houses, I went the easy way out this year and got the ready-made kit, instead of baking and cutting the gingerbread houses from scratch like I have done the last few years. The kids love the homemade kind!
Kit or no kit, they still had lots of fun decorating and fighting over who got to decorate what, while Kevin and I watched. Maddie got into it this year, decorating her own little gingerbread cookie, and ate lots of candy while she was at it.
One of Maddie's gingerbread cookies broke when it fell while she was holding it up like this. She almost had a meltdown, but I convinced her that we could put it back together.







No comments:
Post a Comment