Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day 39: Busy Sunday

Maddie & Baby after church

So tired again after Zane woke up at 2, 3:30, 5 a.m. and then again at 6:30 a.m.  but I was determined to attend Sacrament meeting.  I have missed going to Church these last two weeks, but Kevin and I decided to keep the baby home until he is at least 2 months old, so we are taking turns attending our meetings. There is a lot of sickness going around, and we hope that this way the odds will be higher that he won't catch them.  

Kevin fed the other three breakfast while I hurried and got myself ready - I was still so groggy from being up in the middle of the night into dawn and having just gone to bed at 11:30 the night before!  But I did it! Kevin stayed home with Kaden, fed him a bottle right as I left. Today was definitely was an "I-know-you-need-to-nurse-but-I-have-to-go-right-now" day!

I was off with the other three at 7:35 a.m. (woo hoo!) and even got a soft bench.  I was glad to not miss the meeting today because Ros (one of my favorite ladies at Church and Collin's music teacher) and her family were speaking today.  I was so happy to get to take the Sacrament.  This sacred ordinance makes me feel whole again after a week of busyness and craziness.  I took Maddie home with me after the meeting since she was coughing and having to blow her nose every minute, and that wasn't going to be good for primary.

On the way home she pointed to the Catholic Church on the corner of Galveston and Williamsfield, and asked if we could go there sometime.  I said she could visit, but that she will probably decide that she wants to go back to our church.  She asked why and I said because we belong to the true Church of Jesus Christ.  and she gets to go to Primary.  She repeated that over and over back to me, and I was glad that on our short 2-minute drive home from Church I got to testify that the Church is true and that it is the church of Jesus Christ.

Kaden was half-asleep when we got home.  He was such a good baby to not be picky and took milk from a bottle.  Kevin left to go to Church and I spent the next hour nursing and pumping, and getting dinner started.  Then the afternoon was spent making yummy Lion House rolls (they were so soft) and a salad and hash browns to go with the parmesan garlic pork loin for dinner.  While the rolls were rising, we picked up Allie's Elizabethan get-up from the Miller's, and I helped Collin and Allie straighten up their rooms.  After dinner, we sat down to read the scriptures with the family before bed.  Maddie went to bed at 8 p.m. and Allie and Collin spent time marking their scripture charts before finally falling asleep well before 9 p.m.

3 comments:

Andie said...

This little boy is so handsome!

TheDickersons said...

I guess I should have read this post first; now I know where you got your pretty dress. :)

Coordination Queen said...

That food sounds delicious!