Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Sometimes a story....

...is all it takes to get this girl smiling big. Today I made up and told a story about Princess Bubblegum so Maddie would sit long enough for me to snap a few of her. It worked! The girl loves gum, so her eyes went big and her smiles went from ear to ear as she listened to this tale. Being a middle child, I am sad that sometimes story times that used to be so easy to do with Allie and Collin and her when she was a baby, now comes not as often as she would like. Sometimes she sits on my bed and falls asleep waiting for me to be done with the baby! Sad. So today being Wednesday and only a couple of errands to run, I was glad to spend some one-on-one time with her. As I sit here she is back here reading to me, and wants me to read another "Fairy Tale". It has to be a fairy tale, she says.


How do you like her choice of outfit?  She came to my room all changed out from her dance clothes.  She loves to dress herself, especially now that she can twirl in front of the closet mirrors in her bedroom. 



2 comments:

Andie said...

I can't believe how much older she looks every time I see a pic of her. Cutie! I love Maddie.

TheDickersons said...

la di da... I know what to get her for a prezzie! :D