Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A couple of photos...

...that I forgot to post a couple of weeks ago (Christmas Sunday). I figured I'd post them here and then move the post to the proper date at a later time. For my blog book's sake.



Little Miss is a crack up. She likes to laugh out loud, HA HA. Just like how it's written. This picture is just how I envision someone named Maddie. Fits her like a glove. She is also showing signs of a VERY good memory. She is almost counting to 10 without help, brought me books that I read her only twice, and she knows certain phrases from HOP on POP and Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb. She came to preschool again today and did much better than yesterday. She sat and worked for a while. And also called me "Rinna" while she was in there. I can still hear her little voice say, "I need paper please Rinna". My preschool kids were so good to her, and everytime she said something, they would tell me she needs paper, or a pencil, or whatever it was she needed. They finally asked me why my baby kept calling me Miss Rinna instead of Mom. Good training will come in handy when she is officially in it next year.

My pretty Allie. Who wrote me this today:

Why I Should be Homeschooled
I should be homeschooled because:
1. ALA is not a good school
2. It is good to be homeschooled
3. Lots of people homeschool

I have been wanting to be homeschooled FOREVER! Literally! I would do pretty much ANYTHING (times 300000000000000000000000000000000000000000) or even die to be homeschooled. I only have 2 friends in school anyways: Jessica and Alexa. Some people like Macey and Lauren are lucky to be homeschooled. Name ANYTHING and I’ll do it! I’m begging you! You know what happened today:
Somebody said that she didn’t have the time to do something… I forgot what, but then my teacher said MAKE TIME FOR IT. That is what you should do it. Here’s some things about homeschooling that we both Will like:

No waking up early if YOU are tired
No carpool
YOU can do it in your PJ’s
I will be nice to you
( if I have the word you capitalized, it means that I’m talking about you)

Can we PLEASE do training in the summer? So I can prove that I WON’T GET BORED AFTER A FEW DAYS!!!???!!!

Love, Allie

----
You have to know Allie to appreciate the letter. I get a similar version at least 3 times a week. If only ALA wasn't SO close, if only ALA wasn't building a new building with smartboards, and if only their curriculum wasn't the same one I'd use if I homeschooled. And no, she doesn't have just two friends in school. Ahh, the mind of a 9 year old. At least she expresses her feelings very well. Isn't she awesome? An awesome writer and persuader like her Dad. She should be a lawyer.

5 comments:

Jen said...

Wow! First, I LOVE those pictures you took! Your girls are so beautiful! I love the striking red in each picture, too. Second, Allie totally has the makings for a lawyer! That is quite an impressive letter of appeal. You can tell she's one smart cookie!

Anonymous said...

That's our grand talking...really smart girl !... that calls for a lot of thinking now.

TheDickersons said...

Cracking up... still cracking up. How come you're still not convinced? She said she's going to be nice!?! LOL...

Kristie said...

Allie is so funny. Love the letter.

Suni said...

CUTE pictures, I love their outfits!! Allie's letter is impressive!