Saturday, January 30, 2010

Maddie is 26 months old

Paci was lost for over a week now, but this little kid found her beloved pacifier again yesterday.
I haven't actually cut this thing up and put it in the garbage. She is fine without it, but loves to still suck on it when she finds it.


Allie says, "that's a lot of months old". It's true. I can't believe this sweet baby is 26 months old. I took her in to her 2-year appointment three weeks ago and she weighed 23 lbs and 7 oz. (7%) and was just over 34 inches tall (60%). So Miss Maddie is going to be average height or might even be tall as she gets older (according to the dr). Funny thing was the dr.'s office kept telling me to wait until three weeks ago to take her in for her 2-yr appointment because her hepatitis shots had to be 6 months apart. I get there and the nurse re-checks her shot record and finds that she didn't even need another hepa shot because she already got them both. The only shot she needed was HIB. Anyway, so we waited for nothing. She also got a h1n1 shot and a regular flu shot while at it.

But now that Miss Maddie is 26 months old, it is time for me to seriously kick up the potty training into gear. I think she is ready, but I just haven't figured out when to do it or let's just say I haven't made it MY priority. tsk. tsk. So let me set a new goal. and maybe this kid will be potty trained before the new big box of diapers is all used up. (note, I said that before.)

1 comment:

TheDickersons said...

"I love Maddie. She's so cute." That's what Dilly boy said when he saw this pic. He also said that he wants to see Maddie, and Collin and Allie. Silly boy talks way too much!