
Maddie's been camping out on the floor in her sleeping bag for a couple weeks now - alternating between all our bedrooms because she doesn't like sleeping in her crib. She would just scream and then climb out of it on occasion. So after Christmas, Kevin put up the little toddler bed and took apart the crib. I painted her room (I cut in, Anna rolled), and got it semi-move-in-ready on Monday.
Maddie officially slept in her "princess bed" (that's what we call it) on Tuesday night and even napped in it the next day for a couple of hours. Hooray! The catch is...the girl is totally into bedtime stories, so the first night I read her five Seuss books before she went to sleep. For naptime, Allie read her a couple stories, then she was off to dreamland. Last night after 5 books, she wanted to get her Tag Reader out to read some more. But I was so tired I turned out the lights and got her to go to bed before she got a book out.
At 25 months, Maddie is quite the talker too. Earlier today Kevin lets out a burp and she says, "Excuse you Kevin". She told me "You're making sad" when I told her to go to bed for the umpteenth time. My personal favorite: "Take care of me" or "Let's go walk" when she wants me to hold her or get her something FAST. She's been talking in sentences for quite some time now, but now it comes with some BIG Maddie personality and attitude.
She had peed her undies. Oh it was hilarious. And no, she doesn't get that she needs to sit on the potty before she goes! But to her credit she has learned how to pull her undies up after sitting on the potty. Baby steps.
Speaking of personality and attitude, little Maddie also goes to time-out in style a.k.a. with her head buried in her hands like she's ALL sad about it. What gets her in time-out? Usually coloring and writing on walls, or most recently the shower floor. or maybe I should add picking boogers and eating it to the list? yep, our most recent gross discovery. Wonder where she picked that up from?
Maddie also loves painting her nails (she did it herself today, should have taken a picture of the feet, it was ALL OVER), her blanket + paci (that really has to go bye-bye FOREVER sometime), princess bed and princess undies.


1 comment:
Too cute! I love the colors in her room!
Post a Comment