Wednesday, February 24, 2010

100 Readers!

I have 100 readers and can't invite anymore :) unless I remove readers from my list.  Does this mean I have to go public?

To celebrate my 100th readership,  here's a funny email sent by Allie to her friend Ashlyn that I found today, written on the 10th of August 2009, fortunately saved in the outbox.  I laughed my head off!  And how do you like the fancy font?


Hi Ashlyn!
I'm having so much fun at my new school. Hey, have you ever heard of the guy named Quigley? It was in one of my textbooks. We learn spanish from a really nice teacher who wants to be called Senora Weller. She's mormon, by the way. And we have to learn and memorize all the 7 habits by the end of the year when I already did and it's only the 4th day of school. The 7 habits are: 1. Be proactive 2. Begin with the end in mind 3. put first things first 4. synergize 5. Seek fist to understand, then to be understood 6. sharpen the saw 7. think win-win. But I'm not gonna let them brainwash me with that weird stuff. I'm going to stay fine. And Spalding handwriting is very hard. Well, not how the letters are, but the way you hold your pencil is VERY hard. Ethan made this class poem that is so cool that they might give it to Mr. Sinclaire (the school director) and let Ethan sign it. Crazy right? And I got a planner to write in on the 2nd day of school!
Bye!
Allie

Yes, she definitely is doing fine! And such a great little 4th grader with a mouthful to say.  As in the other day, the "un-brainwashed" Allie and I had this conversation.

Me (as I plop on the couch to watch the Olympics with her and Collin):  Oh I should be working right now instead of watching the Olympics.
Allie:  You need to sharpen your saw, Mom.
Me: What do you mean?
Allie: Take a break and stop working for a minute so you won't be crabby.
Collin: That's not sharpening the saw.  That's more like working and then you sharpen your saw because your saw gets dull and stuff.
Me (still digesting the sharpen the saw deal): Hm.

See my kids are digesting this good stuff really well.

And for memories' sake, here's another one to Ashlyn.



Awesome
So Cool
Hey You're Funny
Likes To Have Fun
Ya. You're Cool.
No, You Don't Do Weird Stuff
You are soooooo awesome!
Love,
Allie
P.S.
Did you notice the new e'mail adress? I just got my one yesterday after F.H.E. We talked about being safe, and to have fun at the same time so I asked for an e-mail and my mom said, "Only if you remember to be safe and have fun! So....... Yahoo! I finally got my own e-mail!

I don't remember saying that at all, but she insists I did.  Do you really actually believe I would say that?  So that's why she created this email account on our windows mail, but of course her smart mother didn't set up the mail system, so the email doesn't work and just saves them in the outbox.  I love this girl!

1 comment:

Kristie said...

Wow- lots of updates. And... Allie's emails are so great. Funny. Her fish looks so pretty. Sadly Cade's fish was dead this morning when we woke up. We just are not meant to have any pets!!!