
This one cracks me up, but oh so true.
And this...I didn't think I washed dishes that often, but I guess I must.
Wednesday I came home from walking and found our yard and front door also "heart attacked" by the Activity Day girls. It was very cute. I saved the hearts for a few days, but sadly didn't take one photo.
Saturday Allie babysat while Kevin and I went for an early dinner date and quick shopping at the mall. She did great, and I loved being able to spend time alone with Kevin. It's my out after a busy week with kids and everything else I find myself busy week.
Then on Sunday, we exchanged Valentines. I made pink pancakes and pink eggs, and Kevin whipped up some yummy strawberry smoothie for our Valentine breakfast. It's a fun tradition!
Collin was so giddy about the fun Valentine cards he had made up for everyone. He could barely contain himself and I asked him to settle down and he said he just couldn't because he was so happy. What a funny kid. Allie made us some sweet valentine's too, like she always does, and she and Collin spent the early morning hours putting their finishing touches on the cards in her room. Maddie just wanted to eat suckers, she probably unwrapped at least 10 of them that morning. No kidding.
Valentines. Another fun tradition I like is exchanging love letters. Last year Kevin gave me what is now a tradition - ABC's of things we love about each other. I tried it this year, and I have to hand it to him, it's hard to come up with an entire different list each year, and this was my first year doing it this year and it took me a while to find words from A-Z.

13 Years ago, Kevin found out that my favorite roses were white (he had his cousin ask, I knew something was up :)) and gave me 2 white roses. Every Valentine's he tries to get me white ones, and this year he did again. They melt my heart. Our very first Valentine's date was 13 years ago and every year since has been quite a great adventure.
While we were cleaning up, Allie suggested that since it was Valentine's Day maybe we should stay home from church. And so I told her that Valentine's Day is quite a perfect day to NOT miss church, because at church we learn of and about the greatest love of all. She got it and got dressed super quick, helped Madster get dressed, too. She's an awesome big sister.
After church Grandma and Pops & Chad and Megan came to dinner and we all enjoyed a yummy steak and this very special dessert Pops made (I had to take a picture to remind me how good it was - it chocolate flan with dulce de leche and pecans on top). Megan was going to make cinnamon roll cookies (sounds divine!) and we just got to visiting, playing the wii, and were so full we will have to HAVE it next time! My mouth is watering just thinking of it.
I love the crinkly nose!
Happy Valentine's!






7 comments:
love their smiles !
What a fun time! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the picture of your kids at the top! The colors are so vivid, they are so happy and cute, and I love how they're on the grass like that - so fun! That photo just has so much life and happiness in it. Sounds like a fabulous Valentine week for you guys!
Cute pics.
I can't believe Allie is babysitting now! I love Maddie and Collin's heart is funny.
I see Ashy in Maddie in the 4th pic. She's soo cute!
What a fun week of Valentines. Kids cards are the best. Good job to Kevin too for being thoughtful.
Your kids are absolutely adorable! I love them! You are an amazing mom!
Post a Comment