Monday, February 15, 2010

this little light of mine...


Last night the kids asked to read the "Why" book and I loved being able to listen to them talk about things.  Like music choices and TV show choices.  While we were talking about music and the importance of picking songs with good lyrics, Collin commented that church songs have good lyrics and this little light song did too.  "oh, you mean the one we learned at music class," Allie says.  Yeah, that was the one.  You know, the one that goes, "this little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine..."

I asked Collin what that meant and he said it meant that we should be good examples and never let our light blow out.  So I asked how can you help it from not getting blown out, because the adversary will always try to.

And to that he said, "I'll just say, No, thanks, I'm not gonna let my light blow out.  You're a brick!"

Well spoken, coming from a lego fan.

Then when we were talking about bad shows and how some of them lead people to think they can have kids even though they're kids themselves, somehow our conversation turned into how they could possiby be good parents.  Collin says, "Watch the real parents."  That was short and profound.

Collin has a good heart.  He really does.

2 comments: