Thursday, March 17, 2011

Leprechauns Day 2011

The leprechauns outdid themselves this year.  
Water in the jug was turned green
Toilet water in all 5 bathrooms turned green
We got t-p'd this St. Patrick's Day.  Those leprechauns think up some really silly things to do in the wee hours of the morning!  Well, this was the scene the kids woke up to at 5:30 a.m.  (well, Collin woke up at 3:30 a.m. and was trying to wake Allie -- I just heard the whispers: C: Allie I think the leprechauns were here already! A:Shh. Mom said no peeking until the morning.  -- Then they both went back to sleep).

There was toilet paper everywhere! Even the living room, guest room and laundry room were not spared. 
No green milk this year, phew!  But they did leave a big jug of green punch in the fridge. 
But this tops the cake - everyone but me and the baby woke up with green toenails/fingernails.

Yep, even Kevin! 

Kevin I'm sure discovered his green toes in the shower and the kids didn't realize it until they were downstairs and happened to look down on their toes.  Collin wasn't too thrilled and asked to have it removed before he went to Karate.  Of course.  Anyway, Maddie didn't wake up with green toenails, but she did have green fingernail polish on. 

Everyone is wondering how in the world their nails got painted without them knowing.  I on the other hand am just amazed at how good that little leprechaun did painting nails in the dark without getting it on the sheets! :)
 Maddie with her stash of green surprises.
 She found some more treats in her shoe basket
 Collin found this in the dryer
Maddie was glad to also get green gum, golden chocolate coins and green clothes.
The night before, Allie and I baked 7 layers of cake for this beautiful Rainbow Cake that she said we had to have this year.  I frosted it the next morning, and psshh -- that's what we ate for breakfast. (That's Maddie's little hand picking on the frosting)
 Here are the three enjoying their cake breakfast.  I wouldn't usually do this but man I was up one too many times in the night.
Maddie loves frosting.  Just as the cake was frosted, she started picking on the frosting.  We had stripes all over the cake before we even got slices.  The look on her face says everything.


 Little dude got a green shirt.  Here he is laying on all the toilet paper the kids gathered from all the t-p-ing. It made a big soft pillow for him to lay on!
Allie is always over the top with the festive clothes - she got on her boa, suspenders, and hat for this part of the day (all St. Patrick's theme of course!)

We had a great Leprechaun Day - since the kids were up so early (5:30, really?!) Kevin got to watch them find their green treats all over the house before he left for work, which was nice because he doesn't usually get to be here when the fun begins.  He brought pizza home for dinner to save me from making any more messes in the kitchen that night.  Ha!

5 comments:

Carrie Lindberg said...

Rinna I love your traditions. It gets me so excited to do fun things for my kiddos as they get older. You are darling and such a great mom. Had fun just hanging out for hours the other day. let's do it again soon.

Jen said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! I bet those leprechauns were a little tired after making that big mess! Cool cake!!

Andie said...

That cake looks good! Also, I like that pic where Maddie is holding onto Allie's leg.

Kristie said...

Wow! Those crazy little leprechauns! They went over the top for sure. :)

TheDickersons said...

c-r-a-z-y stuff, hey?