Wednesdays are usually slow days and I love Wednesdays. But not this week. Let's see, I started the day with the usual routine - nurse the baby, wake up at 6 a.m., read scriptures with the kids, try to get more sleep in while they get ready for school, get them ready to go (lunches, etc), nurse again, then... 2 hours of photo editing, get myself semi-decent, volunteer for 1 hour at the kids' school with baby and Maddie in tow, get back home, eat lunch, then nurse; the kids get home from school, then it is time to be a drill sergeant for piano practice and homework. Then before I know it, it is time to make dinner, after I nurse the baby of course. Then it is time to eat dinner, clean up dinner, etc. etc.
A pretty normal day if you ask. Not like yesterday. Yesterday I had kids losing their homework, losing their tempers, etc., etc, and telling me late in the night before I am about to go to bed that homework still needs done, and needs my help with A TORN UP collection of papers in hand. Yeah. Seriously?! So we had to staple (yes, because the tape is nowhere to be found, since my kids like to take art materials like these and use it up on random projects and don't bother to put them back in the right place), so yes, I stapled the 5 pages of math homework. I was so ticked. Not to mention that the school room was in disarray so I won't even say anything about that. I was trying to keep myself in check. So...the homework got done and I stayed up a little later than usual. Then just after I swore I would let this kid in question go to school and try to explain to the teacher about the torn up homework, I mellowed out and copied the homework so it was at least in one piece. I shouldn't do that next time.
Thursday, March 31, 2011
Where did Wednesday go?
Posted by
the Harris Family
at
12:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment