Old post from March 25, 2010 ... posting to include in new blog book. a Year later.
It's a sad tale. Of Allie registering for an online American Girl contest only that she somehow didn't want me to know about it, so she went in my email and deleted the "parent permission required" email that was sent to me.
Tonight I helped her get the rest of her photos submitted, which was great and it was done in a few minutes, but when I went to look for the email so I could click on the click to approve her entry, it was nowhere to be found. She confessed and told me that she deleted the email and in the meantime entered the contest using her own email address. By the time we found the "other entry" approval form, it was too late (10 minutes past the deadline) and she realized she didn't click on the right YES (two choices: yes, and yes, I approve). So her entry was not "parent-approved" in time, and although it was entered in the contest, it is not eligible to win any prizes.
Oh I feel bad for her! There were 26 Lanie dolls to be awarded and I thought all her photos were good. How disappointing. Lesson learned: there is a reason why those parent permissions are required, and you can't be going behind your parents' back to do something, especially if it was something good like that. It bites you back from behind and it doesn't feel good.
Tuesday, March 15, 2011
Old Post found: Sneaky gets bit from behind
Posted by
the Harris Family
at
11:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment