Friday, March 18, 2011

Spring Break - 1st week

This week and next  is spring break for us.  The week just flew by and I am SO glad that the kids are not going to school already on Monday.  I could use a 3-week break.  :)  Well, so let's see where the last 5 days went. 

Monday - we had a pretty laid back day, just did our normal errands, my important phone calls and catching up on pictures and blogging. 

Tuesday - I did preschool -- we missed a day the first week due to Maddie being sick overnight.  Allie helped me with the baby and even helped do the first circle of preschool.   I must say she did really well! Allie also went to cheer class that night.

Wednesday - the day before St. Patrick's - spent last minute green shopping and gathering ingredients for Thursday, and activity days for Allie, baked 7 layers of round rainbow-colored cake late that night too.

Thursday - Leprechaun Day.  Started out very early at 5:30 a.m. and didn't end early either.  This part of the day deserves its own post.  We finished off the day by Collin going to his karate class,

...then Allie and I to her Activity Days Recognition Night. 
She played Steve's Theme (from the movie The Last Song) that night, I didn't get a video of her playing the song, but here is how it sounds:


Allie played the song flawlessly - she was so nervous about it beforehand especially that she didn't get to practice on the piano at church. Allie chose this piece on her own and learned to play it in 2 weeks or so. Bob, her piano teacher, was impressed about her ability to play this piece so quickly that he wished she could play this song in a small recital type event of some sort. He will be so glad to hear that she actually was able to play it at church for the girls and their moms.

Friday - today!!  Our good friends the Evans went with us to Golfland/Sunsplash.  After a rocky start this morning (Maddie went to dance, I had to nurse before leaving, Alisyn getting stuck for 15 minutes on the freeway, getting our dates wrong on when Sunsplash was open, etc., etc.), we finally made it to the mini golf course.  The kids had fun with each other - yeah, it's so much more fun to go with your friends is what I heard from them. 

 Anyway, Maddie spent the time kicking her shoes off, walking barefeet, picking flowers (I had to literally peel her away from the flowers), and using her putt like a broom. Kaden-Zane was so patient the whole time and didn't hardly cry the whole time we were out. Such a good baby, I love him!
 After a round of mini-golf, we ate lunch, then headed to the bumper boats around 2:15 p.m. The line moved so slow that we didn't get out of there til almost 3:30. So an hour wait for a 5 minute ride - but the kids thought it was so fun. Allie, Collin, Alexa, and Ben went and Alisyn and I chatted and stayed with Maddie, Cole, and Kaden-Zane.


We headed to the raceway around 3:30 but the line was so long and they only had 10 cars running. It would have taken us another hour over there so we decided to bag it. Alisyn took her kids and Allie to the waterslides, and I went home with Collin, Maddie and the baby. We got home at a little past 4 p.m. Allie got dropped off around 7. All in all a fun day!

 Our group before we split
all photos from Golfland were shot with Allie's point and shoot Canon camera, using Program (part manual) settings

2 comments:

Jake & Abby Gardner said...

psst..your shrug is from ann taylor huh? i have the cream with black ribbon :).

the Harris Family said...

abby, yeah - i like the cream with the black ribbon too, but at the time, I think I could only afford the green - lol!