July 3rd - Church and the best engagement ever! I am excited to welcome our one and only sister-in-law to the family! (yeah, in-laws are overrated, I prefer to just drop the "in-law"). Emily Kay Smith will soon marry my only brother, Archie. I was so glad to be a part of their engagement! I am biased of course, since I helped set it up! but I think it was the most romantic engagement that I have heard! especially that 3 of us sisters + good friend Suzanne hid in the bushes for so long we felt our feet die. not really. but you get the picture.
The set-up. I made them yummy Waldorf salad on croissants. Cupcakes from The Chocolate and sparkling cider rounded up the picnic menu.
Aireen and I helped Archie pick this little grove up in Rock Canyon. Super private!
The view from our hiding place. I was able to take video of the proposal. Literally like a fly on the wall. Too bad I didn't know Aireen owns a tripod that can hook on the branches of trees, my arms hurt so bad!
As soon as the proposal was over, Aireen texted Archie to ask if we could come out. You should have seen their faces. Archie didn't even know which bush we were hiding at. It was so funny to see their surprised looks. Only thing we didn't get to do was take a photo of us girls in the bushes. That was even funnier.
The brand new engaged couple!
The beautiful (and super expensive I may add!) ring!!! Archie knows how to pick his diamonds.
Had to get a photo of them in the grove. Perfect place!








1 comment:
That's pretty awesome! I would've loved to see a picture of you gals in the bushes - too cool!
Post a Comment