Friday, August 19, 2011

First Day of Dance

Ballet and tap started for Maddie on Monday.  She was all excited to go, and even did a pose for me -- she'd look in the dance studio mirrors, line up her teeth just right and then put her hands on her hips. Click.
Cute!
Well, as soon as more and more girls arrived she got scared.  She wouldn't go over and join the group.  I helped her over and started to leave, but I couldn't resist taking pictures.  That's when I saw her quivering mouth and hyper nostrils.  And big tears starting to form in her eyes.  So I went back (what not to do on the first day of school!) and sat her down by me so I could give her "kisses and hugs" (she always says that).  She was still scared.  
So I bribed her with Starburst, which did not work (I forgot about the jar of Starburst she hid in our guest room).  Ha!  Well I thought of something fast and came up with another bribe that would get me out of there - and that was to bring her back a cupcake.  That worked.  She quickly went over to the group and I drove to Designer Cakes.  
But they were closed.  I forgot they were closed on Mondays.  Yikes.
Of course, when I went to pick her up 45 minutes later she wanted her cupcake.  I drove to the cupcake place and showed her it was closed.  Miss Smarty then says,
"how about a gelato?"
(Gelato shop is next door, ha!)
So we went in and got a cup of sugar cookie gelato. Yum!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so cute...

Andie said...

oh maddie

Suni said...

Glad your bribe worked! There was nothing I could bribe Grace to get her to stay! Btw Caketini at San Tan has good cupcakes!