Friday, August 26, 2011

First Day of School 8/22

Collin - 2nd Grade; Allie - 6th Grade
Monday was our first day of school!  It is back to the routine!  The kids were excited to go, especially Collin, since ALA finally got new buildings for K-2nd grade and also one to house the gym/cafeteria and administrative offices.  Allie was excited to wear her Student Council shirt, and not a uniform (of course!).
She serves as a member of the Student Council, which she loves! She got to go to a leadership camp this summer and helped out at the Open House the Saturday before school started.  Allie bid me goodbye at the meeting pad to go to her StuGo (their common term for Student Govt) classroom.  I had to walk Collin over to his class line so I didn't get a chance to snap an "in-front of the school" photo of her like I had planned! Oh well.  My heart jumped a little at the thought of her going to 6th grade that day.  She was only a baby not too long ago.  Now she is almost as tall as me.
Collin bid me goodbye pretty quickly as well, told me "bye mom, love you!" like Allie did and rushed in line with the rest of the kids.  I told him I would be by his classroom to bring him the rest of his stuff sitting in Zane's stroller.  I followed the "herd" of kindergarten parents walking their kids to class. Oh they looked so cute and so small. By the time I got to his classroom, Collin was busy working on a little worksheet.  I got his attention and gave him his "stuff", said goodbye again then I was off.
They had a good first day, they said when I picked them up from school.  And as it was the first day of school, I took them to get gelatos at Dolce Vita right after for their after-school treat.  It was a good treat and they were all excited to tell me all about their day.  Of course, there were more first day of school reports at dinner and FHE that night.  They were so tired and were asleep by 9 p.m.!
The school is right across from the future Gilbert temple! This is the view the kids will have right outside their classrooms or on the playground.  How lucky are they?!  I snapped this photo while waiting in line to pick them up after school.

2 comments:

Jake & Abby Gardner said...

oh look..collin and his classmate have the same shoes!..lol

Suni said...

I know darn they just grow up to fast! I know I love that they will get to watch the temple grow!