Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

It's a snowy Valentine's Day here in Utah. There is about 4 inches of snow outside. Too bad Kevin is missing it. I'm sure he's hoping it'll be that way when he comes back this weekend!
So this is how Valentine's Day unfolds at our house...I greet the kids a happy Valentine, and then Collin runs to get Valentine's cards and a stuffed frog for Allie and me. He obviously got instructions from Kevin, I'm surprised he even remembered where all the stuff was. So cute! The kids opened their Valentine cards from Kevin at breakfast and were so excited.

(Kiss! Kiss!, nacho libre style)

Some of the reasons we're lucky to have Kevin:

1. Because I love his truck... (Collin)

2. He is happy to help with the dishes, laundry, and grocery shopping. He knows I don't like folding clothes (unless it's fresh out of the dryer), and I don't enjoy grocery shopping as much, so he just goes and does them for me, even when I don't ask. His favorite places to go: Walmart, Day's Market, and the BYU Creamery (for the freshest dairy products!)

3. He hops on the plane twice a week, deals with airport woes, and works very hard, without any complains. I don't think he's ever complained about anything the last 10 years!

4. He takes the kids on Sunday walks.

5. He taught the kids proper dental hygiene, including mouthwash. Even though the kids know how to brush and floss, they always call for Kevin to help them do this night routine when he's here. Just so you know how special that time is...they don't ever really call for me during the week.

6. He introduced the kids to Smooth Jazz, Craig Chaquico, and words such as "copacetic" and "chillaxin". When asked how they're doing, they say "I'm copacetic." But they only answer that way when Kevin asks them.

There are lots of other reasons, but I'm going to stop here -- he doesn't like being complimented publicly, so I've probably embarrassed him already, and will probably ask me to delete this post when he gets home. Happy Valentine's Day Kev! We love you!

No comments: