Thursday, February 28, 2008

Yes, it's almost the weekend!

This week was a little more hectic than usual, with a video to put together for our ward Relief Society birthday, kids, etc, etc. In other words, STRESS! Today, however, was a good day and a fun one for us. Collin and I did school in the morning -- a focus on phonograms and categorizing objects. He pointed out how "weird" it was to have three different kinds of phonograms that sounded like "n" (that would be n, kn, gn), or how funny it was that "p" and "h" together sounded like "f". He asked me "how could that be?"

Allie got out of school early today, so after running a short errand to the post office, we played a game of Cadoo after she and Collin ate their snacks. Maddie decided she was going to take a long nap, so I got to play with the kids. Allie's favorite was acting out words for us to guess, while Collin liked doodling. He drew a pencil and a unicorn for us to guess. They were pretty good drawings, especially the unicorn! He also did some acting -- pretending like he was a truck: first a garbage truck, then a series of delivery trucks (you had to be specific with this one). He gave us "color" cues so we could get it right, like: this one is a brown one (UPS); this one is yellow (DHL); this one is white (Fedex and then US Mail). His actions were so creative.

After the game, the kids watched Curious George while I took a nap (yes, can you believe it?) I should take more naps, since I feel so much better and not so stressed out at the end of the day. So with more energy, I even made cookies, and made all the phone calls I needed to make. What a nice, productive day! And add to that, Kevin will be home tomorrow. I love days like this when I am reminded by how much life is so much fun and abundant because of my kids and family! I love being a mom.

No comments: