We were in Arizona for an entire week (February 17-23). It was a nice break from all the cold and snow up here in Utah. It was perfect weather while we were there, so it made it quite enjoyable to look for a house -- especially with three kids (imagine doing that in 100-degree weather!) My very nice mother-in-law Lorraine drove us around town. Thank you! We spent every single day driving up and down Gilbert and Chandler, taking nursing breaks every 2-3 hours, except during the days Maddie decided she was going to take a 4-hour nap. Even in nice weather, it was still quite a workout. Here are some of our favorites:
This first one is a dream - 3900 sq ft in Highland Ridge (Signal Butte and Elliott), will take 6-8 months to build.

This spec home in located in Reid's Ranch (Gilbert and Chandler Heights), 3300 sq ft., ready in 30-45 days, but is the priciest per sq. ft., as it is in a semi-custom neighborhood, but it is closer to Kevin's work.

This one is also located in Highland Ridge - 3300 sq ft., will take 6-8 months to build.

We dined on yummy Mexican food, Someburros on most of the days and Gecko Grill once. We also had good Paradise Bakery soup and sandwiches. It's only been a day since I last had good Someburros beef tacos and I am already missing it and can't wait until I can have some more. Too bad Utah doesn't have good Mexican food. Ha!
Anna and Tony and their cute kids Jazz and Dylan drove from Surprise to come see us and bring over some things Anna and I ordered online last month (school stuff). Dylan was sporting a buzz haircut, just like his Dad. My camera, of course, was near-dead when I thought of taking a photo. Jazz was very excited to finally get her Fairy costume from Grandma Beth and Pappi, stored up here in Utah for almost three months. We all went to dinner at Someburros (you could have guessed that), and spent some time chatting. They even got to see one of the spec homes we liked, this one pictured here:
4200 sq ft. 5 bedroom, 3.5 bath house, very well-appointed and located in front of a park in Vincenz on Higley and Williamsfield Rds. At $106/sq. ft. it is a steal. This one is in Kevin's parents' ward.No decision has been made as far as when or what house we're going to buy (leaning towards the Highland Ridge 3300 sq ft house).

3 comments:
I like the first one the best too. Good luck! Hopefully you guys can make a decision soon!
You're going to need a maid! :) I love those homes! I hope we can come back to AZ!!! Good luck! & Congratulations too!
Wow, these look like nice homes. I cannot think of anyone who would deserve this more than the two of you. Once you get famous and rich, I hope you don't forget all of us back in the mainland, you know (Utah) without good Mexican Food! Does this mean that Cafe Rio and Los Hermanos is not?
Happy for your family!
Bishop Bliss
Post a Comment