Saturday, November 6, 2010

Yippee, soccer is over!

November 6th
Today was the kids' last game.  It was also Maddie's 3-yr birthday photo shoot with Sarah Goodman (I had photo credits that just needed to be used from last year!).  I took Maddie to her shoot at 8:15 a.m. -- it was so fun to get to see Sarah's in-home studio, and as we were leaving, I saw that I had way too many missed calls.  I finally called Kevin back and found out that Allie's soccer shoes were in my car.  Oops.  They were at the game, but she couldn't play because she didn't have her cleats!  I hurried over and luckily it was only 9:15 and the game had started at 9 a.m.   Though they didn't win a single game this season, Allie enjoyed playing soccer with other girls her age - and we like Coach Don Carlson - so we signed up to play winter soccer with the same girls and same coach.   After Allie's game, Kevin took Collin to his soccer game and I took Allie to her end-of-season party at McDonalds.  Sadly I missed Collin's last game - good thing he had other fans there - Grandma and Pops were there.

 Ghostbusters 2010: Allie (6th from left standing) with her team and Coach
Receiving her certificate and trophy
This one was a funny one of Maddie - my purse was in the stroller and Kevin had made it to the other side of the soccer field,so he sent Maddie back to me with the purse. The purse is as big as her almost, and she walked all the way from the other side of the field to where we were standing (probably about 100 ft).
Allie with her grandma Lorraine and Pop after her game

No comments: