I was determined to get the tree out and up the day after Thanksgiving as usual. Just three years ago, I was trying to induce labor by decorating the tree and doing most of it myself. It didn't work. Fast forward three years later. I am once again big and pregnant around Thanksgiving. Although not as far along as before (36 weeks vs 37 1/2 weeks with Maddie Moo). I certainly wasn't hoping to induce labor this time, although it felt like I was ready to go anytime. I didn't have nearly the energy as I had hoped for -- my back just hurt and my arms and hands had major carpal tunnel, so I decided I would just get some of the decor out so our house felt like Christmas!
The morning after Thanksgiving, my sis-in-law Megan, sister Andrea, Allie and I decided to go to Designer Blvd at 8 a.m. to see if we could get some good deals on Christmas stuff. I needed some new ribbon for the tree, so we set the date. Megan picked us up a 7:40ish and off we went. Boy oh boy, there was a really long line already in front of the store. Good thing I had company to chat with. We ran into our good friends the Evans while we were standing in line. At 8 a.m. the store opened and it was a madhouse. I thankfully grabbed all the ribbon I could and quickly made my way to the check out line where I also spotted a big wonderful Christmas wreath (which I wouldn't at any time pay $400 for, but that was the price). Because it was so deeply discounted I decided on a whim to purchase the wreath, and checked out. I was out of the store at 8:15!
Well, I decided to go back and find a few more things, and by this time it really was a crazy madhouse, and it took us 1.5 hours to check out. We didn't get out til past 10 a.m. I guess we were one of the lucky ones though -- we heard later that others took 4 hours just to check out. What a waste! But since the discounts were so deep for such quality decor, it was probably worth the wait. Maybe.
Friday, November 26, 2010
11/26 Tree Decorating
Collin's collection of ornaments
Maddie in her all-time favorite dress. It used to be way down past her knees.
Kevin hanging ornaments on the tree. I used to move them after he hangs them (that's how random he does it), but I leave them the way they are -- it wouldn't be our tree without Kevin's random decorating skills.
I needed the shopping trip to start feeling holiday-ish! I spent the rest of the day decorating the tree. The kids waited patiently until I got all the bows on the tree. After that, it was free game. Surprisingly we got the tree done fast! I was glad. It finally felt like Christmas at home!
Posted by
the Harris Family
at
5:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment