Saturday, November 20, 2010

Polar Express 2010

11/20

 The kids wouldn't let us forget about the Polar Express train ride this year.  We decided to go early this year so I wouldn't be that far along in my pregnancy yet (I was almost 35 weeks!).  My sister Anna and her family came with us this year (it was their first time) so the kids had so much fun with each other.  There was no snow up in Williams, but cold still - but not awful because the wind wasn't blowing as hard this year.  I think last year was much colder.   Jasmine slept in our room, and she and Collin sang Christmas carols until they fell asleep.   It was a fun short trip!
Anna, Tony and their kids
Waiting to get on the train
With their cousin Jasmine


I think this should win Picture Of the Year.  I love the look of just pure delight and Christmas magic on her face!

We have gone the last three years so we now have 9 sleigh bells on our tree.  The kids are already talking about getting 4 more next year!
 On our way home, we saw all kinds of highway patrol cars and smoke and found that half this double-wide home had fallen off the trailer onto the interstate just before Flagstaff.  It hadn't pulled over to the side of the road yet when we came upon it, so we took our slow time so I could grab my camera out of my purse to take a photo. The damage was bad - look at the roof! I mean how often do you see an oversize load fall off the trailer and cause sparks flying as it is dragged over to the side of the road?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love that look on maddie's face...she looks so amazed at the christmass ball.