Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

We hosted Thanksgiving at our house this year, which I love - because for years my siblings came home to our house for Thanksgiving.  So even though everyone has since moved, got married, or away, Kevin and the kids still expect the house to be bustling with activity the night before and the day of Thanksgiving just like in years past.
This year we took our turkey to the Boy Scouts' roasting pit and it was the best turkey ever.  Note to Self: do it again next year.  Jack also deep-fried a turkey, and it was also really, really good! So we had two great turkeys - it will be hard to outdo next year! We had a smaller crowd this year - since Abby/Jake and Aireen/Danny didn't come down, but we had our usual group of the Harris and Merrill families plus Archie and Andrea.   We had such a great time with family and good food as usual.

The centerpieces I put together for our dinner; next year I should remember to take photos of the food!
from left: Archie, Dallin, Collin, Cade, Jace, Todd, Wyatt, Allie, Andrea
Kristie and Adam
Lorraine and Jack
Kevin and a very pregnant me (no kidding, I couldn't find anything to wear this day because I suddenly ballooned out and couldn't get anything to look right on me)
Megan and Chad

1 comment:

Jen said...

I love your decor, Rinna!