Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Mother's Day

Mother's Day was quite fun.  The kids tried to keep me in bed while they decorated the kitchen and family room and made breakfast.  There were signs on my bedroom door that said "DO NOT COME DOWNSTAIRS TIL AFTER 7 A.M" and "HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY".  All handwritten in cursive by Collin.
So when 7 a.m. came, I went downstairs and found pink balloons everywhere and a banner that said "I HEART U MOM" and the table was set.  Pretty creative.  Except they were bummed the pancakes didn't turn out quite right.  So I helped them fix it.  I had flowers and cards from Kevin and more cute handmade cards from the kids.

I love how Collin is just laying on the floor - they blew up all the balloons!  And heart attacked the kitchen with hearts that said I love you because... So sweet!
Allie made this on Photoshop

We enjoyed a wonderful relaxing day at church, and once again, Kevin took care of Zane the whole three hours of church, taking him out of class when he fussed and was loud.  I realized while sitting in Sacrament meeting (after one speaker mentioned helping his wife get the kids dressed that morning for mother's day), that Kevin gives me the luxury of Mother's Day every Sunday, not just on Mother's Day.  I felt grateful, and feel blessed that he has the time to do what he does for me.

One thing that's become a tradition is taking a photo of me and the kids on Mother's Day.  It is one of the few times I am actually in the same photo with all the kids.  I love to see how much they've grown.
 I love being a mom and feel blessed to teach and raise them.  What a challenge and what a blessing.
Kevin of course was not getting out of a photo-op on Mother's Day. 

After church,  we skyped my Mom in the Bahamas, then went to Kevin's parents house for dinner - it was yummy and fun to celebrate Mother's Day with the family.  I am grateful for my mother and mother-in-law and for the righteous influences that they are.

No comments: