Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Spring Dance Recital

May is here!  It is the last month of school, last month of me teaching preschool, and the month for recitals!

Preschool's still going strong...I love this of them during music class.  I love preschool, though I can definitely breathe easier without it on my schedule.
Miss Maddie liked going to dance every week this season.  She is so funny and loves her modest clothes.  She is constantly trying to get her 3T dresses on and wearing them as blouses. And always, always, asks for a small jacket/sweater when she finds ones without sleeves.  "To cover my armpits", she says.  She was fine wearing a swimsuit to dance recital (the only thing that she wears comfortably without sleeves, since she knows swimsuits just don't have sleeves), but she told me that she wished her grass skirt was "thicker" ?! 
Maddie couldn't see her teacher coaching them in the front so she kept looking at her friend next to her to make sure she was doing it right.
Maddie wouldn't really move her little hips to dance the hula.  Pretty funny!
Grandma came to watch and hurried to leave to fly to UT to be with Megan who was going to have a baby any minute.
It was a cute day - and we went to Dairy Queen after to celebrate her dancing. 

2 comments:

Danny and Aireen said...

I love her in that hula skirt!

Anonymous said...

she must have been thinking that the hula skirt was kind of immodest, lol, that's why she wanted it thicker, lol ...