Maddie, our baby girl, turned 5! She was so excited about turning 5 for the longest time. She always said "when I'm 5, I will....(insert whatever)" - so cute, and just my dream boat child. Really, no kidding. She is the funniest little girl, always acts like she takes care of everyone, and that is true. She's always helping me clean the house, and even comes up with jobs I didn't even plan on giving her. She's good at washing dishes and says it is fun, she wipes down cabinet doors and even mops my floors. And you know what else? She does a pretty good job. She is so low maintenance (her dad attributes it to our strict rules and not buying her everything she wants) and is happy to have what she has. She is my clean freak (haha), and keeps her room very neat and clean all the time. Well, she gave up her bed and now waiting to get her new bed any time. If we can actually make ourselves go over to pick it up.
She is so independent - she gets herself breakfast but loves it when I make her French Toast, gets herself dressed (and oh the ensembles are creative and much cuter than I would have come up with), and insists on doing her own hair. Maddie is nice and thoughtful and makes us cards and writes us love notes all the time. I love her so much! She was ever a sweet little baby, and still has that little pouty lip when she is sad. She is a happy soul though and hardly ever is sad, and doesn't like us to see her cry. She is a feisty girl and is uber competitive (to the point she has to win every time or else she's mad). All in all a great personality in a little package called Maddie Moo.




She was so excited on her birthday - Kevin got her flowers the night before (she always has to have flowers from him!), and I had all kinds of plans to do lunch and dinner, etc. etc. but after she opened her presents, she went to use the bathroom and threw up. She said it was just because she coughed and burped at the same time. I was worried at that point so I cancelled preschool just in case. I was glad I did. Within 2 hours she was totally down, and threw up 2 more times. By lunch time Zane had also thrown up once, and had loose stools. Our house was hit by some bug.
Allie and Collin wanted to see her open her presents before school
Flowers and gum from Daddy
Sadly this was the last happy picture of the day.
The rest of the day looked like this:
She would feel a little better after throwing up, so in this picture she wanted to wear her new shirt and opened Grandma Beth's present that she sent in the mail for Maddie.
Allie was nice to indulge her little sister in some fake princess nails that Grandma Beth sent, when she got home from school.
It was so sad to see her sick on her birthday. But that was just the beginning of a long weekend of sickness. She was better on Friday morning, but by 9 a.m. I felt like I was a little too tired and sleepy. I thought it was just because I had been up all night - but by 10 a.m. I threw up and knew I got it too. I called Kevin and asked him to come home from work because I was not good. Lucky he did just in time - the school called and said I needed to come and get Collin because he just threw up. Whew!
Haha. Kevin and Allie thought the masks would ward the virus off from them. No go. But they were the last ones to get it.
So on the second day, Zane and Maddie were all better, but Collin and I were sick. I started having major contractions, and since I was not 37 weeks it was not good and Kevin and his dad gave me a blessing. I almost instantly felt better that night. But sickness lingered around and got Kevin and Allie in the wee hours of Saturday morning. They were finally feeling okay by Saturday evening. The next Sunday, 12/1 was the first Sunday in 5 years that all of us missed church due to sickness! Luckily this was some sort of 24 hour bug and after it got us all, we were all better, and thankful we got it before I had the baby.
No comments:
Post a Comment