Sunday, December 23, 2012

Mason - Day 7 Blessing Day 12/23

We decided at the last minute to bless Mason while we had most of our family in town.  We missed out when we didn't bless Zane when he was a few days old and had all our family in town.  Luckily we found a baby blessing outfit fast, and that a member of our Bishopric (and husband of one of my counselors, Ace Moyer) was available on short notice.  I wished we had the time to do a special lunch after, but since we just had a big BBQ the night before, we decided it was okay to break tradition and just visit after.  Kevin gave him a very special blessing, as he usually does with all of the kids (I recorded it).  So grateful he is worthy to bless our babies.  There definitely was a special spirit in the room and I was so glad to have just about everyone present - we missed a few family members whom I wished were present for all special family events like this one. 
Ace and Kevin just before the blessing
Men in the circle: Archie, Pappi, Tony, Ace Moyer, Pop, Chad, and Adam
Kevin and Mason after the blessing.  I love this one!

Mason, being so brand new, was asleep the whole time and hardly opened his eyes:
I think this was either right before or right after the blessing
Zane and Archie 
All our family
With Kevin's parents
Kevin with his Dad and Chad

Mason and my parents
This was another "funny" of the day. Allie wanted a really good smile out of her dad! 
What Zane loves to do - rub Mason's head.  So sweet.
Kevin and the boys
Arch and Em

 And later that day:
Mason thought Allie did not smell very good and plugged his nose:
It was the funniest thing!
He's thinking, "what's that smell?"
"No, really..."
This baby is so, so loved!!
We are so lucky to have been sent this little one.

No comments: