Monday, March 2, 2009

Picking Citrus








The citrus trees down here are bursting with fruit! We got to go pick citrus for Taylor Tenney's eagle project last Saturday. The kids had so much fun, even Maddie got the hang of picking up fruit and putting it in the big plastic bucket. We would hand her one and she would walk over to the bucket and drop it in. It was so cute! Collin wanted to do what the big guys did - empty the citrus-filled buckets into the wheelbarrows. Allie helped pick fruit with her friends, Macey and Olivia, and even found a chicken egg (she wanted to take it home). It was a great project to be a part of as a family.

4 comments:

Jen said...

I love the pics of Maddie in the bucket!

Basarabas said...

Ditto to Jens comment! What a cutie pie!

Mimi Collett said...

Maddie in the bucket is so cute! Wow that looks like so much fun. I have fond memories of going to strawberry fields to pick berries with my mom and siblings. :) I'm sure your kids (well maybe not Maddie) will remember this, too. Especially with the great pictures as a reminder. Your pictures are great by the way—bright and clear.

Coordination Queen said...

Such cute pictures! I am jealous of the citrus. I tried growing a lemon tree. I got one lemon. And then the tree died.