Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I-need-to-document-that

Some days are full of  I-need-to-document-that!-type of happenings.  That's the way it is here at home.  Recently it seems like I am picking up my camera more often that not (what's new?), and that's why it sits right by my phone within easy reach.  Forget the camera case.
Yesterday, Allie picked out her recital piece.  It was fun the way Mr. Heck let her choose.

She sat with her back to the piano so she couldn't see the music, and just listened to him play 5 songs.

Then she picked the song she thought sounded cool.  Well, coolness, she picked the one with LOTS of notes.  That's why Mr. Heck doesn't let them see the music when picking their piece. Tricky!  But it is pretty and I am glad she likes this one (although to me all the other ones didn't seem any easier).  She has to memorize this piece and play it in about a month.
This was the outfit Maddie picked out for herself yesterday.  She had me help her put on the swimsuit and disappeared upstairs.  Quite some time later she reappears and this is my first sighting of "the outfit".   She also stole a waffle from the freezer and ran outside to meet Kevin, who had just come home from work.
Collin woke me this morning and told me he had just come up with a wonderful way to keep track of what he's supposed to do.  A checklist, too cute not to take a photo of!

From the top:
homework,
do hair (see the bottles of hairspray next to the hair),
brush teeth,
use the bathroom (toilet to the left, sink to the right),
get dressed (shirt, pants, shoes, don't know what's on the top of the shoes),
eat breakfast (see cup with straw and bowl with spoon),
BOMHB - which stands for Book Of Mormon at Home Before school;
then lastly - a car for "pickup" (go to school).

Here's another one I couldn't NOT post:

4 comments:

Jen said...

What great kids! Good job on the documentation!

Jake & Abby Gardner said...

Maddie is just too cute :) I think Collin was trying to draw a pair socks (by the shoes)

Anonymous said...

we miss the kids all the more ...

Anonymous said...

maddie just loves that skirt soooo much, lol!