I made myself a challenge. At the end of Saturday's conference talks, I felt like there was so much said about parenting and teaching our children the gospel. I immediately started thinking that when the Ensign comes I am going thru the whole thing and taking every bit that's related to parenting & teaching kids. I thought how awesome that would be to have a little handbook of sorts or a totally marked up Ensign on this topic, and to be able to study it everyday!
Just for starters...
"It is by divine design that the role of motherhood emphasizes the nurturing and teaching of the next generation." - Elder Tom Perry
"Are the life and teachings of Jesus Christ embedded in the minds and souls of our children? Do they think about the Savior’s life when they wonder what to do in their own lives? This will be more and more important in the years ahead." - Elder Neil Andersen
Anyone with me?


3 comments:
I'm totally with you, Rinna! I have been chomping at the bit to get the written talks. I started listening to them on my phone, but wanted to see the text, too. They just came available the other day, and I'm going through them thoroughly -- highlighting and taking notes. I was also so impressed by how much parenting was emphasized and feel very compelled to study and implement the counsel! There's so much on my brain regarding this stuff right now!
not only for young mothers like you... grandparents too!
maddie's pigtails...what were they doing, LOL!
I am totally with you! There was so much relating to parenting - I loved it and also can't wait to get my ensign and put it together with my notes!! The Elder Anderson quote you used in your post was one of my favourites from that session!
Post a Comment