Thursday, October 29, 2009

23 months


miss maddie is 23 months old today. I can't believe she'll be two in just a month! She loves being outside so much. She will run outside every chance she can get. Today, when Collin asked if he could ride his scooter out front, she hurried off to find her "sheeyoos" and followed her brother to the garage. Then I heard her giggle and laugh. I love her little voice! This little girl has a very cute pout, and a little face we can't ever get mad at. Even if she is on our countertops a million and one times.

There are so many little things I forget to write down, so here are a few that I remember:

-- She folds her arms and closes her eyes when we pray,
-- She loves to talk (too many words to list!) but some of my favorites are: "thank you", "please", "cheese" (you can see why this made the list), "brush teeth", "love you dad/mom".
-- One day I sneezed, and out of the blue, she blurts out "Bless you, Mom!"
-- She loves to sing songs (sometimes about shoes, most the time it's ABCs)
-- After she drinks water, she dumps what's left on the floor. But she will find a rag, and says "clean floor mom" or "mop mom". Yeah, they're never too young to learn. :)
-- She'll come bring you a diaper when she wants changed (the kid is ready to potty-train! i seriously need to get on board the potty-training ship). She calls her diapers "poppers".
-- She can find correct pairs of shoes in a big pile, but her thing for "sheeyos" means our shoes never stay organized for very long.
-- I say "let's do your hair" and she runs in my bathroom and will sit still for me while I do her hair.
-- Right now she just brought me a cup and wants "water". I ask her "more water?" she says "mm.hmm." She sounds so grown up.
-- True to Maddie fashion, she just came back and told me "spill". She dumped water on the floor again!
--She's sitting in a push toy and says to me "push this". I ask her "did you clean the water up?" she says "okay". Cuteness.

We are so lucky to have been given her. I love being her mom.

2 comments:

Jen said...

What a beautiful little girl! I love your recap notes :)

TheDickersons said...

Maddie Lou! She's definitely the climber! She's too cute though!